2015 November Charity Race

Home Forums Races 2015 November Charity Race

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Mike on a YZ Mike on a YZ 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hsracer521
    hsracer521
    Participant

Hey guys, John Griffiths here. It’s time for setting up our Novemeber charity race again. This year, myself and Jeremy Walker are in charge of the course setup. We will be at the club for sure on Friday and Saturday the weekend of the race at 8 a.m. We do plan to cut a lot of new trail, especially in the pines. This will be a huge amount of work so any and all help is welcome. Plan to bring along a shovel, machete, pruners, stapler, hammer for stakes, etc. I will bring a couple chainsaws and your’re welcome to bring your own as there will be some log cutting needed also. Try to be on time those mornings, we will be off in the woods by no later than 9 a.m. and you will have to hunt one of us down to get caught up on the plans. We are also planning to get the general layout set up on Saturday the 24th but this is not set in stone yet. I will post again as soon as I know for sure. The goal for that day will be to find our route and mark it with a few arrows and some marking paint. We probably wont need as much help that day but a few machetes and maybe a weedeater or 2 would be helpful. As with any day, you are all welcome to do any regular maintanence needed around the property. If you have any questions or anything please feel free to call me at 217-820-8826 or email me at grifsrepair@gmail.com

hsracer521
    hsracer521
    Participant

Hey everyone, I just want to confirm we will be at the club on Sat the 24th to begin laying out the course. The plan is to be in the parking lot at 8 a.m. and in the woods no later than 9 a.m.

Rick Boland
    Participant

I should be available to help Saturday morning @ 8am
    Rick

Rick Boland
    Participant

I should be available to help Saturday morning @ 8am. I plan to work race day also.
    Rick

hsracer521
    hsracer521
    Participant

Thanks Rick, all help is appreciated. We will be there tomorrow morning, Saturday the 24th as well. Rain or shine we will be in the woods breaking trail. It looks like we are only going to get a tenth or so anyway.

Mike on a YZ
    Mike on a YZ
    Participant

What’s the status of the course? I plan to come out tomorrow, Oct 31st, at 8AM to help. Will bring machete, saw, pruner, shovel, stapler and 4 wheeler.
    Hopefully rain holds off.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in